Reduce Risk, Increase Worksite Safety & Eliminate Avoidable Costs On Your Worksite
What is Concrete Scanning?
A non-destructive scanning method of revealing hidden electrical cables, water pipes and communication cables. Locating services, structural steel and other materials prior to cutting, core drilling or removal of concrete provides an important safety net for both the operator and the client.
Scanning prior to invasive or destructive working with concrete is highly recommended as it provides peace of mind and can prevent the massive costs and potential personal injury associated with destruction of essential services.
Benefits for You of Ground Penetrating Radar and Radio-Detection (Concrete Scanning)
- Reduce risk of operator injury and meet duty of care OH&S responsibilities
- Avoid structural damage to
- Reinforcing Steel
- Post tension Cables
- Structural beams, columns and footings
- Avoid service interruption
- Gas lines
- Electrical Conduits
- Fire services
- Communication and data cables
- Water and sewerage pipes
- Ground Penetrating Radar and Radio-Detection is…
- Non-invasive and uses radio waves
- real time reporting
- battery operated eliminating the need for running power cables
- Check Integrity and Quality of Concrete
- Void detection in walls, floors and beams
- Depth and thickness detection
- Non Destructive and Environmentally Friendly:
- Radio waves cause no damage to the concrete, the surface, the local environment or people nearby.
- Disturbance Free: The machine in operation it doesn’t interrupt anyone.
- Eliminates Unnecessary Cutting when locating sub surface connections
Scanning Can Help You Avoid Penalties Of Up To $25,000
Employers and employees can be liable if gas, electrical, water and sewerage are not correctly located prior to work commencing.
Call Quality Concrete Scanning 1300 386 563 for Help
Who is it For?
Construction Project managers and engineers and architects looking for certainty when planning invasive work where hidden services or structural issues need to be established.
Scanning Work Areas Include…
- Multi Story Construction Sites
- Road Construction and Service Areas
- Road Reserves
- Hospitals and Medical Centres
- Residential Properties
- Commercial Properties
- Airport and Freight Terminals
- Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Shopping Centres
- Bridges and Freeways
- Water and Gas Utilities Infrastructure
- Parking Garages
- Bus Stations
- Casinos and Hotels
- Commercial Fit-Outs
- Mines and Ports
Areas We Service
We provide comprehensive concrete scanning services to clients anywhere in Western Australia. See our map here
The Quality Concrete Comprehensive Scanning Process
An essential part of our professional approach to all our work is that we understand the importance of thoroughly and accurately scanning for all hidden services. There is a huge risk potential in restoring damaged hidden services. We also maintain up to date safety management plans with current Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Site Scanning and Scoping Plan Sign Off
- Onsite Preparation and investigation
- Scan and locate then compile scan images for reporting
- Accurately draw and mark services located and cut or drill recommendations
- Produce scanning images and site plan report for client
- When scanning proceeds to cutting a pre-start form is completed and signed
We understand that your requirements are safety, comprehensive and detailed reporting and a cost effective on time service.
Your Scanning Report
Download our Sample Scan Report.
We have a guaranteed turnaround time of 1-2 business days on all quote requests.
We understand construction project timeframes. We work as an extension of your team and deliver on time so that you can keep to your agreed project schedules.
Scanning Accuracy – Warning
Getting excellent results from Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and Radio Location and Detection equipment is very much dependent on skills and training of the operators.
We understanding the limitations of the scanning equipment, the materials examined and the subtle influences of electrical and other interference. These are sometime critical factors that inexperienced operators over look.
The ‘Quality Concrete Difference’ – We use the very latest state of the art scanning equipment and highly trained and efficient operators to deliver to you the very highest scanning accuracy possible.
Your investment will vary depending on size, scope and location of your project. Following your initial enquiry we will be able to provide you with a prompt quotation that meets your needs.
Your Next Steps
SPEAK TO OUR TEAM
1300 386 563